While sending mail on Bellsouth, if you are facing any Error like 550, then this is probably because your recipient address is not proper or if the receiver’s email is not authorized, your screen will flash this message. So, let’s solve this error, what can you possibly do to not get this error on your screen.
Here are certain ways by which we can resolve the issue:
- Authentication invalid: If you are facing this problem, the email address on which you are trying to senda message is not valid. Another reason can be there is some issue with your SMTP. This can lead to blocking your email. You will not be able to send any emails until you resolvethe STMP server issues. This server blocks mail due to security reasons. Thus, follow the steps to enable the SMTP server.
- Click on enable SMTP authentication by opening an email program. After this click on ‘My Server Wants Authentication’.
- In case you have configured other email programs such as outlook or window mail application then, server authentication can be performed in a similar manner. However it will ask you certain questions, you can just click on ‘Yes’ and everything will be taken care of.
- The Email Address Is Wrong: If you are trying to send an email and getting the error 550 then, the possibility is that the sender’s address is wrong. Even a minute error will lead to this error. Thus, before sending mail to a new sender it’s better to be sure of the addressbefore pressing the send button. Ways to get rid of sending mail to a false email address, look ahead to the following steps:
- Be careful while entering the email address in the field.
- You will be asked to enter the email address twice in different fields if you are setting up the email. Enteran address in the field carefully.
- Once, you have set-up the email setting it will take around 24 hours for activation.
- Will creating an email address you are advised to not choose special characters as it may not be recognized by the email server or it will not be approved by the same.
- The receiver address is wrong: If the address on which you wish to send email is wrong then, you will be seeing error 550 on your screen. This will store the sent message in the outbox folder. Thus, you can access this particular mail by visiting the outbox folder. Since your mail is not sent, you will get a ‘Delivery Status Failure’ message on the screen.
To avoid this situation, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Before you press the ‘Send’ option check the spelling carefully. So, you might need to contact the person to whom you are trying to send the mail.
- Now, there can be server issues on the receiver’s end.Thus, you should check that the receiver server doesn’t encounter any faults.
For more information Bellsouth Email Account you can visit Bellsouth Email Login.