Bellsouth is a revered US company offering people different services all across the world. Bellsouth is active in more than 18 countries where it offers internet, cable, and wireless, and email services. If you are an email user, then you must have heard or used Bellsouth email. While there are dozens of email services active in the US, but when it comes to top email services, Bellsouth email will definitely be among the top email platforms.
What Is Bellsouth Email?
Bellsouth Email is a legacy email service, which was rolled out by Bellsouth a couple of decades ago. Now, the email is part of AT&T just like SBCGlobal email. AT&T bought both the email services and merged them into its AT&T email. Now, if you want to access your Bellsouth email, then you will have to go to att.net page and log into your email account there.
Does Bellsouth Email Still Exist?
Yes, Bellsouth email is still active and those who are using this particular email can access their email accounts on AT&T platform. AT&T considers those customers as ‘legacy’ customers, hence letting them use their email accounts without changing the User ID or the password. As a legacy customer, you too can keep your Bellsouth email address despite switching to another internet provider than Bellsouth.
How Do I Sign Up For Bellsouth Email?
- Launch a web browser and then, visit Bellsouth net email login page. After that, click on the link that says, ‘setup on email account’.
- Enter the name you want your contacts to see upon receiving emails from your address.
- Click ‘Next’ and then, enter your Bellsouth email ID.
- Click ‘Next’ again and you will be directed to a new page where you will select your incoming email server. Select ‘POP3’ from the list and then, enter the following settings:
- Inbound Server: inbound.att.net
- SSL – Yes
- Inbound Port: 995
- Outbound Port: 465
- Outbound Server: outbound.att.net
- If you don’t want to set up your email account using POP3 settings, then you can choose ‘IMAP’ as well. If you choose ‘IMAP’, then here are the settings that you need to enter:
- Inbound Server: imap.mail.att.net
- SSL – Yes
- Inbound Port: 993
- Outbound Port: 465 or 587
- Outbound Server: smtp.mail.att.net
- Create a strong password for your email account consisting of small and capital letters, numbers, and special characters.
- Click ‘Next’ to finish the signing up process.
How Do I Log In to My BellSouth Email Account?
As Bellsouth email merged into AT&T email in 2017, the platform for logging into Bellsouth email changed to att.net. It wasn’t just Bellsouth email, which was moved to AT&T, but a lot of other email accounts such as:
Here is how you can log into your Bellsouth email account:
- On your web browser, go to ‘https://signin.att.com’ or http://www.att.net’ followed by clicking ‘Mail’ options that you can find at the top-right corner of the computer’s screen.
- You will now see AT&T sign-in form.
- In the sign-in form, enter your Bellsouth email address in the ‘User ID’ field and its password in the ‘Password’ field.
- If using a personal computer, then check the box corresponding to the option that says ‘Keep me signed in’. Ignore this option if using a shared computer.
- Click ‘Sign in’ button to access your Bellsouth email.
How Do I Reset Bellsouth Email Password?
- To reset the password of your Bellsouth email account, log into your email account and then, visit http://www.att.net in the address bar.
- Enter your email ID and password.
- Now, you should click ‘Forgot Password’ link.
- Enter your Bellsouth email ID because you will receive the link to reset your email password in that email account.
- Click on ‘Continue’ followed by going through on-screen instructions to reset the password of your email account. Click on this link – http://www.att.com/acctmgmt/fpwd/lander to go to password reset page.
- You can now create a new password for your Bellsouth email account. Make sure to create a strong password to ensure the safety of your account.
How Do I Recover Bellsouth Email Password?
- Launch a web browser on your computer and go to ‘AT&T login page’. As the webpage opens, click ‘Forgot Password’ option.
- Enter your Bellsouth email ID in the given field along with your last name for security purposes.
- Click ‘Continue’ and you will come across two options to recover the password of your Bellsouth email account, which are – answer a question or provide an alternate email. So, choose the option that you find most convenient.
What Are The Common Issues In Bellsouth Email Account?
- Can’t access Bellsouth account
- Don’t know the correct Bellsouth email settings
- Bellsouth email is slow due to full inbox
- Can’t create Bellsouth email password
- Can’t remove junk and phishing emails from the inbox
- Receiving an error message when sending or receiving emails in Bellsouth email
- Can’t recover Bellsouth email password
- Bellsouth email login not working
- Can’t sync Bellsouth email on another device
- Bellsouth email has been hacked
- Can’t find Bellsouth email settings Outlook
Contact and Support Information For Bellsouth Email Account Problems:
Are you facing issues with your Bellsouth email? Don’t worry, you can get the best solutions to all your Bellsouth email related problems at the official support facility. From knowing the right settings to recovering and resetting the password, everything can be done by getting in touch with the official support. Call 800-288-2020 to consult AT&T official customer representative. You can also check out the troubleshooting page to find out details about common email issues. Here is the link to the page – https://www.att.com/support/topic/email-support/topic_troubleshootingi-topic_emailpasswords/.
Stay connected with the latest developments happening in Bellsouth email through their social media handles:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/att
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ATT
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/att/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/att/
For most common problems related to Bellsouth email, you can visit this page https://www.att.com/support/article/email-support/KM1044974. If you want to check the forums page to find out what experts have to say about certain Bellsouth email issues, you can visit this link – https://forums.att.com/topics/att-internet-email-security/5def8ee330b80f78b6772602.
If you are unable to get a company’s representative on a phone call, then you can indulge in live chat. To do so, go to the AT&T email password reset page and then locate the ‘Chat’ button on the screen.
- Search for the option that says ‘Chat to representative’.
- Now, enter your ‘Email’ and then, click on ‘AT&T Internet’.
- Type in your name to connect with an AT&T representative.